Thursday, March 11, 2010

I watched Kiki's Delivery Service...FINALLY!!!!

It's been so many long years, but I finally managed to get my hands on it! Yup, that's right ;) I finally got Kiki's Delivery Service the Studio Ghibli film. And why has it been so many long years you ask?

Well when I was kid, I was into Sabrina: The Teenage Witch (this was long before I got into Harry Potter) and I loved all the fantasy and magic that was in the show. But my parents disapproved me watching the show because it was not "chirstian" appropiate for me and my siblings. Meaning, they thought it would influence us to fly on broomsticks and pretend to boil potions into a black pot!
Like I would do anything like that!!!

Anyway, they made us stop watching it by giving us a movie (we were huge movie lovers back in the day). In the movie, there was an trailer for Kiki's Delivery Service and I was astounded by the art work and the style of the characters and the storyline looked interesting. I was like,"Mom, can we buy this film."
But of course my mom said "no" because she and my dad were trying to pull me away from watching anything that involved witches. Yet, they let me watch The Wizard of Oz and The Sword in the Stone!!! Good grief!!!
I still don't understand parents today.

So for years, I have never bought the film I have always wanted. But now since I'm much older and my parents trust me, I bought the film on my own with my own money!!! It was a good thing too because with the new movie, Ponyo out on DVD, they're selling ALL of the Studio Guibli films!!! Yay ^___^
I'm gonna try to collect them all while they're still in stores like Best Buy. But they're so expensive T_T. Almost $25.99 per each movie!!!!!! No fair!!!

I would go to Target to get the other films for a cheaper price, but sometimes Target sells Fullscreen editions and I HATE fullscreen!!!!
Oh well, I'll get them all when I can :) But anyway, I watched the movie and I loved it!!!
It was a good family friendly movie, so I don't see the problem about not watching it with your kids. Every kid needs a little imagination in their life, so sometimes it doesn't hurt for them to watch something that involves witches.
Besides, Kiki wasn't an evil witch and she didn't have any powers except flying, so there is nothing wrong with an anime film like that!!!

Anyway, good film. I think I'm gonna watch it again so goodbye for now ^__^


P.S.
The next movie I want to get is Howl's Moving Castle. I would die without it!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love Miyazaki's films!!! He's such a talented man!

    My favorite movies of his are Howl's Moving Castle, The Cat Returns and My Neighbor Totoro~!!!

    I only own Howl's Moving Castle, Totoro, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Castle in the Sky and Grave of the Fireflies.

    ReplyDelete