Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm Gonna Cosplay!!!!

Yes!!! It's true!!! I'm gonna cosplay for the first time! Well, not yet at least. I still have to make my costume and get a small group with me (hopefully).
Anyway, I'm going to cosplay as sweet dimwitted Torhu Honda from Fruits Basket, as you can see from the picture below.

The costume shouldn't be too hard to make, but finding patterns for a Japanes school girl uniform is hard. I mean, it feels like not a single store knows what anime cosplay is or they probably just hide the patterns for desperate cosplayers who are sewing fro the first time or the billionty time. Waaaahhh!!!! Life can be so unfair!!!!!:(
But at least there are similar patterns for school uniforms and there are plenty of youtube videos that can show you how to make one.


So I shouldn't give my hopes up...yet. But I really do wish I was going to the cosplay convention that my friends Kaily and Sheik (she likes to be called that) going to this weekend.
You see, they're going to be cosplaying as the Fruits Basket characters (Kaily as Shigure and Sheik as Ayame) and I thought this would be a good time to cosplay along with them (They've also invited other friends to go with them), but alas...no. It's just that my mom wanted to wait until AFTER Christmas to open up her new sewing machine and I knew that there was no way that I could have my costume ready in time. So I cancelled my plans to go with my friends:(
So much for that plan. But what's even more worse is that my mom hasn't even given her sewing machine a try!!!! Now she says this?!? And I was really looking forward to start sewing my costume with Flavio (Flavio's going to be Yuki).
I mean, I got the materials and everything, so I kind of deserve to start making my costume because I'm not sure when the next cosplay convention is!!! But I really hope it'll be in March or April because I find it hard wearing sleeves on hot day in May. But we'll just wait and see.
And I'm still looking for a Kyo and a Kagura because Fruits Basket isn't complete without them:3 So I'm kind of still searching around for the right ones.
Oh yeah, my friend Flavio said that after we cosplayed as the Fruits Basket charcters, he said we cosplay as the Naruto characters. I <3 Naruto. So my second costume will be Sakura and Flavio will be Sasuke and we're also thinking that his younger brother could be Naruto:D
We'll just have to wait and see.
^__^

2 comments:

  1. I don't really think they even make school girl patterns, but I haven't really looked. I've looked around but not like hardcore-looked! O.O; My best bet would be finding a pattern online from Japan or China, but they might be in another language =/ You'll have to get a basic shirt and skirt pattern, then alter them. My friend's mom made her Momiji costume from just her sewing knowledge and my friend's measurements. She had to kind of wing it..@_@!! But it turned out looking cuuute!! I am happy. :]

    Oh and you can always do her summer uniform(Since the school girls have different outfits for Winter and Summer in Japan!) It's only seen in the Manga I believe~

    http://www.cosplaycentral.com/image/14910

    n__n Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I mean, I could make her summer uniform, but it wouldn't be the same. But I'll take your great advice:)

    ReplyDelete