Friday, February 19, 2010

Cosplay progress: Zero=Nothing accomplished

Ok, I know I haven't been blogging lately...but it's because of school and I've been making a lot of youtube videos because of the 4 day weekendXD.

Anyway, cosplay update: I've decided to do Tohru Honda's summer uniform instead because since the Fanime is in May (and in San Jose), it'll probably be extremely HOT and I sweat easyily. It's true. I mean, I've tried every deoderant (I think that's how you spell it) in the womens section and ALL are a complete failure.
Not a single one has kept me dry.
I've even tried mens deoderant and did that work: NO!!!!
So me and my parents think I should go to the doctor and see what is wrong with me and what I really should use.

Anyway, back on the subject. So yeah, Tohru's summer uniform looks pretty easy to make because I just bought a plain nice white shirt and I already have the fabric for my skirt and the sailor vest and I'm ready to go ;) But the question is: when? because my mom is taking forever to say,"Ok Emily, let's get started." because she is super busy. So I think I'm going to try to start on my own by going to my friend Kay-chan's house and get started.
But the problem is, she's not going to be home this weekend, so that's a no go:( And to make things worse, my friend Flavio (who is going to be Yuki), his mom doesn't know how to sew and they don't even have a sewing machine. Can anything else get even more worse?

So I'm kind of stuck at the moment, but I have to get started NOW because I'm making two costumes and I only have FOUR months to get them done!!!! My first costume is of course, Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket. Then my second costume is going to be Sakura from the Naruto Shippuden. Yeah. Flavio really wants to be Sasuke from the new version of Naruto because his costume looks easy to make.
Though, I'm not really sure about THAT:

So this is Sakura's costume from Naruto Shippuden. I'll be wearing it for the masquerade costume contest because it seems more advanced.


This is Sasuke's costume from Naruto Shippuden. This one seems easy, but where are we going to find a big shirt and a big piece of rope? Oh well, we'll just have to try our best:)


So yeah, those will be our masquerade costumes because Fruits Basket costumes are not really contest material. But that's just MY opinion.

Oh yeah, me and Flavio are thinking about having his younger brother be Naruto because he's old enough and tall enough to be him which makes it perfect!!!! But the problem is that his skin is slightly tanner than Flavio's (because they're part Mexican part white) and that could be a problem.
But what the heck!!!! Who cares, besides, I don't know any other guys who would be a good Naruto and I don't think they would want to do it anyway because they're all super lazy.

So I'm his younger brother will do it^__^
Well, I hope to get started real soon and get the fabric for Sakura because I haven't gotten the fabric for her costume yet. And Flavio hasn't even gotten his fabric yet so I think I'm just going to drag him and his younger brother into JoAnns one day and get the fabric we need and then go to Kay-chan's house to get started.
IDK. I have a few ideas.

Talk later. Ciao ^_____^

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh~! Sounds great! I'm not a big fan of Naruto but I loooove FruitsBasket! n__n;

    :] Sounds like you got all things kind of planned out. I'm excited to see some progress work when you're able to get some stuff done. When I get back to CA I can help you out too with the cosplay stuff. I'll most likely be at Kay-chan's a lot...because I help her out and her parents like me over XD

    Anywaaaaaay~keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete