Thursday, July 1, 2010

Freaking out!!!!

With 2 weeks left until the Ani-Vent, I've hardly even finished my costume!!!! All I've done is the skirt and that's it! And what's even worse is: My friends haven't even started on theirs!!!!! Where in the world did the time go!!!!

Seriously, I'm freaking out!!!!

But at least I have my Tohru Honda wig so that's completed :) But I don't think I'll get the brown color contacts due to money issues, so whatever photos I take with my costume, I'll probably photoshop my eyes. Mostly because me and my friends are going by the manga's eye color, not the animes eye color because it's just not the same and people get so confused.

Anyway, me and my friends plan on going to Joann's one last time on Monday, to get extra fabric then finally sew the costumes. And I think Flavio's and Jordin's costumes will be easy because they're both going as Yuki and Kyo in summer uniform so that'll be something less to worry about. But as for everybody else; it's a living hell!
I mean, Austin (who will be Shigure) his costume will be tough to make and quite a while to make!!!! Then we have Kat (who will be Kagura), her costume...well since she knows how to sew I think she'll be fine. And then we have my younger sister, Lulu-chan (who will be Momiji) her costume should be easy to make since it is the same as Tohru's (almost), but we also have to make the hat too O.O And I don't know how to make hats!!!!

Ugh! I knew we should've started as soon as possible, but did my group listen or even my mom listen? Answer: NO!!!! And now were close to that day and I feel like we've been just lazy at everything!

But I do know that first cosplay costumes tend to be not so great because you don't know what to do or what to plan or where to meet when you want to sew. Now I kind of understand so that way we don't make the same mistake ever again and I really want my group to stay tight together for as long as possible (even when I go to Asbury University in Kentucky) and cosplay many anime shows, mangas, and video games of whatever we have in mind. That is sort of my master minded plan for the future and since I'm the chosen leader (seriously, my friends chose me out all people to be their leader), it is my duty to make sure that everyone is involved and has everything ready for the next cosplay convention, parody video, or photoshoot.

Oh who am I kidding!!!! I mean, I'm no leader! I was never a leader in girl scouts or swimming or band or art club or anything at all because I didn't know how to be one and I was also too shy to speak up in front of everybody and trying to be encourging. But appartently my friends chose me because I seem to know everything about cosplaying and when the next conventions are and stuff like that. And I even know what characters suit my friends the most. I know that's funny, but it's true!

*sighs* Well, if they expect me to lead then I should lead, besides it's sort of always been my dream to be one ever since I watched Sailor Moon and The Powerpuff Girls back when I was kid. lol.

Anyway, I do hope and pray that our cosplays will get done in time for the small, but fun Ani-Vent because I want my cosplay adventure to begin and no one is going to stop me. Mostly because I'm determined to make things happen ^__^

Okay that's all I've got to say. I will post some pics of my skirt and wig pretty soon okay :D

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment